Lime Tree Theatre is seeking applications from motivated individuals to join its stage and technical team. The Stage Technician will be a key member of the Lime Tree team covering Belltable, Belltable Hub and Lime Tree Theatre venues.
The Lime Tree Theatre is a 510 seat theatre venue based on the campus of Mary Immaculate College, hosting theatre, music, dance, corporate events and conferences. The Lime Tree Theatre also manages the Belltable, a 220-seat black box, studio style multi-functional theatre space located in the centre of Limerick city and the Belltable Hub, a multifunctional rehearsal space and office space. Belltable hosts a wide variety of events, cinema and performances. The Stage Technician will work in both spaces as directed by the Technical Manager.
This is a fixed-term full-time contract, with varied hours including evening and weekend work, commencing immediately. The Stage Technician will report to the Technical Manager. They will be responsible for providing technical support to all visiting groups, companies, artists and individuals. Experience in the theatre/entertainment industry is essential.
The Lime Tree Theatre is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all communities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support as required during the get-in, installation, presentation and get-outs of all shows and events requiring the use of technical resources;
- Supervise incoming companies during use of any and all of the spaces including direction of work to casual technical staff;
- Effectively maintain communication throughout the organization completing any reports required by the Technical Manager;
- Set and maintain the highest standards in the provision of technical support, information, facilities and professional courtesy to all clients;
- Creatively contribute to the running of the Lime Tree Theatre and Belltable;
- Provide preventive maintenance and improvement measures for the venues’ lighting, stage and sound equipment and plant facilities. Including fault diagnosis and repair;
- Maintain backstage areas, stores and control rooms to the highest standard;
- Assist as required with technical requests for rehearsal spaces within the Belltable Hub.
- Act as a designated key holder, undertake and ensure safety of the buildings as required.
Desired Knowledge and Understanding
Applicants must have:
- Experience in the technical theatre environment;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong organisational skills and an ability to work on one’s own initiative in a pressurised environment;
- Display a high degree of initiative with a creative approach to problem solving and be highly motivated with an excellent eye for detail;
- Willingness to work irregular and flexible hours;
- Experience of programming and operating lighting consoles (Ion, Element), Q-Lab show control software and good understanding of PC and Mac operating software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote;
- Experience with live sound equipment and mixing consoles;
- Experience in audio-visual equipment operation;
- The ability to respond to a varying workload by managing tasks and time efficiently;
- Experience of rigging lighting, sound and audio visual equipment;
- The ability to work at height;
- Relevant professional qualifications including knowledge of current Health and Safety regulations relevant to the industry.
Applicants should also be a good team player, reliable and an excellent timekeeper.
Letters of application accompanied by an up to date CV and the names of two referees should be sent by email only to the email@example.com using the subject line: Stage Technician application before Thursday, March 16th 2023.
All applications will be acknowledged by email. If you apply and do not receive an email please contact us to ensure your application has reached us safely.